Mastereign Media Arts believes that Arts and Multimedia are essential to one’s quality way of life.
Thus, we have created programmes that cater to the everyday application of multimedia. We believe that the holistic child should possess knowledge in the arts and have the ability to infuse it into his daily life.
In this digital era, we have also taken the effort to transmute traditional arts into the digital platform in the hope of connecting students further in the field.
We welcome the ever-evolving digital and media landscape, and are constantly innovating to meet the industry’s dynamic needs.
Redefining Traditional Arts,
Art Styles and Movements in the Digital World
In a bid to help students discover artists and arts movement throughout the ages, Mastereign Media Arts has created their original branding of Digital Imaging using arts movement and art forms. Some of the featured artists and styles are Pablo Picasso and Cubism, Van Gogh and Impressionism and Salvador Dali and Surrealism.
Now even Primary 2 students are exposed to the Spanish Master Mr Pablo Picasso and historical arts movements.
We have also created programmes such as digital Chinese brush and digital batik painting, and digital rangooli to promote culture sharing of traditional arts in a new and digital way.
Impacting Lives with Video
At Mastereign Media Arts, we firmly believe in teaching students to create videos that are educational and impactful. Based on current affairs and trending situations, we use movie-making as an outlet for students to voice their perspectives and understanding of the various situations.
Across the country, we have also actively impacted the students using film making as a tool. Our students participate in Schools Digital Media Awards video/animation competitions and they have often produced outstanding works.
An example of such works are encouraged to come from Tanjong Katong Secondary School which received a Silver Award for SDMA 2013 for their Videoblog on fighting bulimia.
Students will learn about stop motion animation using recycled materials. Students will also be exposed to a community involvement project at one of the local beaches to collect disposed items to be used in stop motion animation.
At the end of this programme, the students will be able to produce a sixty-second stop motion animation using materials that are based on the merits of recycling. This is a collaborative programme with Mastereign Visual Arts.
- Twelve Principles of Stop Motion Animation
- Photography Basics for Stop Motion
- Using Recyclable Materials to Remodel Props and Characters
- Frame by Frame Animation
- Video Editing to Finalise Stop Motion Works
- Adding Audio Effects and Background Music to Stop Motion
- Community Involvement Project to beaches in Singapore to recycle litter for stop motion purposes
- Developing Social Emotional Learning competencies and National Education messages
- Creating stop-motion clips for showcase and for community awareness
- End product to be submitted as a competition entry
Students will create animated or stop motion clips as part of a drama skit. The animation aspects work in the same form as tableau, and allows for interaction between actors and backdrops.
At the end of this programme, students will be exposed to both animation or stop motion and the form of tableau acting. This is a collaborative programme with Mastereign Centre Of Performing Arts (COPA) Drama.
- Twelve Principles of Stop Motion Animation
- Basics of Photography for Stop Motion Purposes
- Introduction to Adobe Flash
- Frame by Frame Animation
- Drama Elements: Tableau
- Producing Final Skit for Both Acting and Stop Motion Capacities
- Active fusion with Mastereign Centre of Performing Arts (COPA) Drama
- Developing SEL competencies like Respect of craft and profession
- Creating an integrated multimedia and drama performance for events and showcase
Students will be introduced to four different artists and their unique arts movement using out-of-the-classroom learning experiences with learning journeys to galleries and the Singapore Arts Museum. The artists and movements are: Pablo Picasso’s Cubism, Van Gogh’s Impressionism, Salvador Dali’s Surrealism and Edward Munch’s Expressionism.
Students will study the original methods of the various movements and digitally recreate these art pieces.
At the end of this programme students will be able to create digital art pieces akin to the styles and movement the creative works can be used for beautifying the school and in showcases.
- History of Artists
- Elements and Principles of Art in the Various Movement
- Application of Brush Techniques in the Various Art Movement and Style
- Colour Theory and its Significance in Art History
- Application of the Software: Adobe Photoshop
- Learning journeys to various arts galleries
- Learning journeys to various locations for students to sketch the landscape
- An assembly talk from selected local artists
- Active fusion of character values such as empathy and persistence
- Giving back to the school by beautifying a school wall with for digital installation of creative end products
Students will be introduced to biographical film creation through service-oriented research. Students will be assigned to an old folks or children’s home to provide services while doing character research on the residents.
At the end of this programme, students will create a script and shoot a biographical video-clip that will tell a story in promoting awareness towards the homes and the underprivileged.
- Basics of Videography
- Research and Development Theory
- Principles and Theories of Moviemaking
- Creating Scripts and Storyboards for Biography
- Outdoor Video Shoot Technicalities and Etiquette
- Editing and Finalisation of Clip
- Holistic engagement of out-of-school community to selected homes for students to volunteer their services
- Assembly talk from caregiver of the various homes
- Developing SEL competencies like compassion and empathy
- End product may be submitted for a competition
- Giving back to the school by creating videos to raise awareness
Students will adopt a non-profit organisation and create a campaign design. They will be involved in a Community Involvement Programme (CIP) based on the campaign selected; for example, feeding stray in SPCA. Students will be brought on a learning journey where they will service the organisation and at the same time find ways to conceptualise advertising design aspects.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to come up with complete campaign collateral designs consisting of posters, e-designs and print designs to promote the cause selected.
- Fundamentals of Advertising Design
- Principles of Design and Elements of Art
- Ideas and Conceptualisation Skills for Design
- Colour Theory and Application of Images
- Basic and Intermediate of Adobe Photoshop
- Slogan and Text in Campaigns
- CIP with a non-profit organisation
- Assembly talk by speakers from non-profit organisations
- Developing SEL competencies like empathy and compassion
- Learning journey to organisation (if applicable)
- Creating campaigns for actual use to help spread awareness in the community and/or nation
Students will be introduced to the basics of photography and its use as a storytelling tool. Students will be exposed to the ASEAN countries and cultures in the form of learning journey to the Asian Civilisation Museum and/or an overseas learning journey to one of the ASEAN countries for a photography expedition.
At the end of this programme students will create a picture storyboard that is based on the cultural experience of one of the ASEAN countries.
- Principles and Elements of Photography
- Manual Application of a DSLR (aperture, ISO, shutter speed)
- Photojournalism for Storytelling Purposes
- Editing in Adobe Photoshop
- Finalising Story Sequence
- Learning journey to the Asian Civilisation Museum and /or:
- Overseas learning journey to one of the ASEAN countries
- Overseas CIP and expedition photography
- Developing SEL competencies
- End product showcase and installation
- Creating awareness of ASEAN integration for school and community
CAPTURING WITH DSLRs
Students will be using the Canon 1000D, a DSLR camera that will allow them to learn the manual settings of photography. Students will be introduced to terms like aperture, shutter speed and ISO. They will learn how to manage these functions to take better photographs.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to capture photographs using the manual settings.
- Principles and Elements of Photography
- Applying ISO Aperture and Shutter Speed
- Technicalities for Landscape Photography
- Technicalities for Portrait Photography
- Technicalities for Black and White Photography
- Photography Editing of raw Files in Photoshop
DIGITAL CHINESE BRUSH PAINTING
Students will learn how to illustrate and apply Chinese brush painting techniques onto a digital platform.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to execute a digital Chinese brush painting using Adobe Photoshop.
- History of Chinese Brush Painting
- Applying the Traditional Brush Painting on Paper
- Traditional Chinese Brush Paintings and Contemporary Chinese Brush Paintings
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop and the Brush Tools
- Using Colour to Mimic Chinese Brush Painting in Photoshop
- Creating Simple Backgrounds and Simple Signatures
DIGITAL BATIK PAINTING
Students will learn how to illustrate and apply Batik painting techniques onto a digital platform.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to create their very own Digital Batik Painting.
- History of Traditional Batik Painting
- Understanding the Three Methods of Traditional Batik Painting
- Colour Theory in Batik Painting
- Creating Print Screens Using Basic Shapes and Flora or Fauna
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop and the Brush Tools
- Creating Batik Backgrounds for Final Output
Students will learn how to apply paint onto a printmaking design and infuse it with digital imaging techniques to create their very own digital print, similar to the works of Andy Warhol.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to create their very own Digital Pop Art Print.
- Introduction to Andy Warhol
- Understanding the Significance of Mass Production
- Understanding Colour Use in Pop Art Printmaking
- Using Adobe Photoshop and the Brush Tools
- Using Images in Adobe Photoshop
- Finalisation of End Product
SAND ART IN MOTION
Students will explore the use of sand and how to animate them to tell a story using stop motion techniques. Students will also learn about the sand techniques for transitions and effects to enhance the sand stop motion.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to transform works into a vibrant and meaningful sand animated video clip.
- Sand Animation Theory
- Principles of Sand Art
- Finger-plying Techniques
- Creating Backgrounds for Sand Animation
- Creating Characters for Sand Animation
- Final Edits to Video Clip
Students will be exposed to different game genres to understand game mechanics and game play of each genre. They will learn to use various game developer software.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to produce a side scrolling game, a platform 2D game or a shooting game.
- Game Development History
- Principles of Games Design
- Scripting Story for Games Design
- Introduction to Software
- Introduction to Object-orientated Drag and Drop Logic
- Debugging of Final Game
(Mobile Application Live Action Role Play App)
Students will be able to do reverse engineering of an application that allows real-time gameplay with their friends. Students will learn the development of global positioning system (GPS) applications in the mobile developer kit.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to programme a game that allows them to play real-time catching game using their mobile applications.
- Mobile Development History
- Theories Behind Creating LARP Application
- Introduction to Mobile Software Developer Kit
- Introduction to Basic Programming Language
- Debugging of Final Game
- Testing application ‘live’ at Outdoor Location
Students will be introduced to professionally-conducted interviews and learn to conduct researches on various topics. They will be taught different approaches of creating a documentary that will speak to the viewers. At the end of this programme, students will be able to create a simple documentary clip.
Students will learn the principles of graphic design and apply them into digital terms. This programme infuses the rules of graphic design with the application of digital design. At the end of this programme, students will create dynamic end products with the knowledge of graphic arts in the digital platform.
Students will learn how to create digital logos on letterheads, name cards and envelopes. Students will be required to present the whole package in a presentation that explains their entire design concept. This programme caters to branding creation. At the end of this programme, students will be able to create a branding package set that is based on a thematic approach.
Students will learn the elements of painting and infuse them with techniques from digital imaging to come up with an Impressionistic Digital Painting such as the works of Van Gogh. At the end of this programme, students will be able to create a digital original art piece influenced in the style of Impressionism.
Students will learn elements of painting and combine them together with digital imaging techniques to create a Cubist Digital Painting, such as the works of Picasso. At the end of this programme, students will be able to create a digital original art piece influenced in the style of Cubism.
Students will learn elements of painting and infuse them with techniques from digital imaging to come up with a Surrealistic Painting, such as the works of Salvador Dali. At the end of this programme, students will be able to create a digital original art piece influenced in the style of Surrealism.
Students will learn elements of painting and infuse them with techniques from digital imaging to come up with an Expressionistic Painting, such as the works of Edvard Munch. At the end of this programme, students will be able to create a digital original art piece influenced in the style of Expressionism.
Students will learn how to create their very own character from scratch and pick up imaging skills like airbrushing to bring the character to life in digital 2D format! At the end of this programme, students will be able to create an original digital character.
Students will learn simple caricature and illustration where they will adapt their caricatures in digital imaging and create their own personalised comics. At the end of this programme, students will be able to create a digital original comic strip.
PAINT-ON-GLASS STOP MOTION
Students will develop the simple technique of stop motion and will explore the use of paint and glass to create a visually impactful and fun animation to tell a story. At the end of this programme, students will be able to create a sixty-second animation using paint on glass stop motion techniques.
GOOGLE WORLD: SEARCH
Students will learn how to use Google search as a vital tool for research and informational options. The varied capacities of Google search are unknown to many and knowledge of being able to fully access the World Wide Web via Google will give students the additional edge for their future research and gathering of information. At the end of this programme, students will be able to use the Google search function to obtain definitive and exact information sieving.
GOOGLE WORLD: GOOGLE DRIVE AND CALENDAR
Students will learn how to collaborate in the cloud and access their works from anywhere using Google Drive. This will be very useful for their project purposes. They will get to manage files, group projects, assignments and schedules ‘live’ on the World Wide Web. Using Google Calendar, they will also handle their works with proper scheduling that is commonplace in a work setting. At the end of this programme, students will be able to use the Google Drive to efficiently manage their work tasks.
FONTS @ PLAY
Students will be introduced to letter forms and page layouts for expressive communication. They will learn the fundamentals of typographic principles, font recognition, and analysis of both historical and post-modern design theory. For application, they will learn the technique of using typography to represent concepts, objects, actions and emotions in advertisements, posters, newsletters and other visual communications.
DIGITAL ART WITH IT
Students will learn to explore various techniques of capturing images and presenting them with multimedia tools. An enriching field trip is incorporated to stimulate imagination and creativity.
COLOUR YOUR EMOTIONS
Students will develop the knowledge in the psychology of colours and the techniques in using them to convey emotions. Through special thematic projects like posters, postcards and cover pages, students will get to apply and experiment with colours. Colour is a powerful tool of expression in the fields of visual arts and design. It has been extensively used by artists and designers to express or evoke a range of human emotions. At the end of this programme, students will be able to come up with an abstract digital art piece.
Students will learn to adopt graphic design into product design and will get to discover how to create promotional packages such as boxes, banners and packaging. At the end of the programme, students will understand graphic concepts and how to apply them onto products.
Students will develop their personal models using materials like clay and plasticine. They will learn how to create a stop motion video with the models they have created. They will conceptualise the storyline and have the models act out the scenes that are complete with sound and music. The whole aesthetic and learning process, together with the skilful use of video editing software, will be a fun, enriching and memorable experience for the students. At the end of this programme, students will come up with a sixty-second stop motion clip.
Students will learn how to utilise Adobe Flash to create basic animations for websites and small clips. They will get to understand and explain illustrative animation using Adobe Flash. At the end of the programme, students will create a frame-by-frame animation that is based on a thematic approach.
Students will learn to create a short film with a narrative structure. There will be emphasis on creativity and teamwork. This will be developed in the process as students learn the basics of filmmaking through the three stages of film production, namely pre-production, production and post-production. At the end of this programme, students will be able to produce a one- to two-minute simple movie clip.